JOB TITLE: Public Relations Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Fund Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
Date to be filled: ASAP
NO/AIDS Task Force is seeking a Public Relations Specialist. The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for communicating the purposes and philosophy of the organization to the community-at-large, employees, volunteers, donors, and potential donors by making effective use of all available media outlets and communication technology available to the organization for the primary purpose of promoting and expanding the reach and impact of the organization.
JOB DUTIES (bulleted list):
- Responsible for technology as related to PR and communications, to include integration of the entire online realm of websites, blogs, wikis, social networks, mobile technology, and related portals as it pertains to the agency mission.
- Research, write, edit and distribute press releases, contribute articles, online communications, assist with fund development materials
- Work with Director of Development and Chief Executive Officer to create and execute PR plans and agency brand
- Coordinate media inquiries, interviews and spokesperson preparation
- Build relationships with key media contacts
- Develop and pitch story ideas and speaking opportunities
- Track quality, frequency and accuracy of coverage
- Maintain and update agency web site regularly, a minimum of once monthly
- Participates in set up, take down, and working all Fund Development Special events
- Attend continuing educational seminars as they pertain to job description
- Create and manage organization’s master media archive and directory
- Create and maintain agency social media and communication policies
- Bachelor’s degree in in communications, marketing or public relations
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a similar position.
- Desire to work with a diverse population
- Demonstrated respect for individuals
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must be proficient in the creation and execution of print and electronic media campaigns, community outreach
- Ability to schedule work production to meet timelines with attention to detail.
- Must have current driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of car insurance to travel throughout the community as required.
*Applicant must submit a sample of their respective work. All portfolios must include a sample writing sample and a layout of work. Portfolios must be submitted in .doc or .pdf format at the time of application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.