Friends of Ceasar Zuniga is looking for a smart, motivated, action-oriented campaign manager for Ceasar Zuniga’s campaign for New York State Assembly in District 51 (www.ceasar2014.com). The campaign manager will oversee all aspects of the campaign including day-to-day operations, the management of staff, the coordination and implementation of the fundraising operations, the outreach operations and ongoing coordination with the candidate. The campaign manager must have excellent organizational skills, be level-headed, have good interpersonal skills and not be afraid of raising money.
- Campaign Management —Provides leadership for campaign activities through coordination of campaign team, management of candidate’s schedule, implementation of campaign strategic plan, outreach, and communications.
- Campaign Engagement — Oversee the outreach and organizing effort to mobilize volunteers and residents to get out the vote
- Fundraising — Establishes fundraising goals, identifies potential donors, develops proposals (with campaign leadership team), plans events/house parties and monitors/reports deliverables
- Communications – Manage media contacts, mail, online presence, and contact with related distributers and consultants.
- Experience in campaign planning and execution, including coalition building, mobilization, and strategic communications.
- Interested in progressive democratic politics
- Understanding of New York political landscape and legislative process
- Experience with VAN or other voter engagement software
- Organized, quick learner, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, works independently, and demonstrates sound judgment
- Ability to work and contribute in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-lingual (verbal and written), Spanish and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Education and Experience: Experience in campaign management, influencing public policy at the state level and organizational leadership. Bachelor’s degree and minimum 1-3 three years relevant experience required.