- EPS collects data on local and international nonprofits (aka NGO’s) as well as contractors and has developed innovative methods for measuring performance and efficiency of these public service organizations based on this data.
- Through its interactive website, EPS provides a forum for direct and ongoing input from target populations and civil society served by these organizations which ensures greater civic engagement and thus empowers affected communities through technology.
- This input is blended with EPS’s internal research to provide valuable guidance to donors in making grant and contracting decisions.
- EPS also makes data available online as a public service through our content gathering and delivery website.
- Our data is recognition-focused which serves the dual purpose of building trust and fostering transparency while reducing cynicism and empowering the very people public service organizations are established to help.
- EPS promotes competent, transparent and accountable public service, ensures greater civil society engagement and thus empowers affected communities through technology.
- EPS also recognizes outstanding public service performance through award events.
- EPS methods differ in how data is collected, updated, verified and presented. Some of the ways data is collected include:
- from existing databases
- public records
- organizational websites
- ongoing civic input and
- voluntary surveys submitted by participating organizations
What Impact Does Excellence In Public Service Have On The Communities We Serve?
- By maintaining up-to-date data on public service organizations, EPS simultaneously identifies excellent public service providers and empowers the very people targeted for impact by giving them a voice in measuring performance.
- EPS analyzes this data to assess and report performance, efficiency, transparency and other benchmarks to measure the impact of these organizations.
- EPS fosters citizen participation and in so doing delivers data with more validity than other methods can.
- Our unique approach to measuring organizational performance avoids several common pitfalls inherent in typical M&E activities i.e.: long lag times, interdependencies between evaluators, contracting agencies and organizations being monitored.
EPS empowers women and the economically disadvantaged by giving